Friday 4 May 2018

Using up off cuts


One thing I am absolutely not short of is off-cuts of printed, painted papers. In fact they are threatening to take over my life! It does mean however that I always have bright and colourful bits to use for a project at short notice.

Last time I visited The Craftrange, Burnley, I came across these cute little brown paper bags. I didn't know what I was going to do with them I just wanted them (LOL! Sound familiar anyone?) Anyway I made a really tiny cotton reel journal (see below) based on my larger reel journal which I made for a Gel Press video back in December I think. (By the way, all of my videos for Gel Press can be found here) I need a gift bag for the journal so I added a piece of a page I printed on the Gel Press, and then doodled a butterfly on another off-cut and added it too.


The reel journal is a great way to up up teeny tiny bits of printed leftovers:



And look! This is how tiny it is:


Ahhhh, small things make me happy :-)

Have a good weekend everyone!



5 comments:

  1. I love these Kate...totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the reel journal! You've got my creative juices flowing this morning - thank you Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little cotton reel journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin this! Need to go back and watch the reel journal video again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation. Love it. ����

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!